Viacom Boosts Quarterly Dividend 9 Percent
UPDATED: It's the third time in three years that the company has raised its dividend.
Viacom boosted its quarterly dividend by 9 percent, telling investors on Wednesday it would pay 30 cents per share. It’s the third increase since initiating a dividend three years ago.
“Our solid balance sheet and strong cash flow provide us the flexibility for continued investment in our popular brands and properties while delivering substantial capital directly to stockholders through dividends and our ongoing $10 billion share repurchase program,” Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman said.
Viacom shares were fractionally lower on Wednesday, though they are up 33 percent so far this year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR