Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman's Annual Compensation Falls to $33.5 Million
UPDATED: The 22 percent decline comes as chairman Sumner Redstone and COO Tom Dooley also receive smaller pay packages.
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman made $33.45 million in the latest fiscal year, down from $43.1 million a year earlier. That meant a drop of 22 percent.
The compensation details were disclosed in a regulatory filing late Friday. Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone, meanwhile, earned $20.4 million in the fiscal year ended Sept. 30, down slightly from $21 million.
For Dauman, the biggest difference was a drop in his cash bonus from $20 million to $11.5 million. His salary was unchanged at $3.5 million. Dauman also received $10.3 million in annual stock awards, $1.85 million in one-time stock awards and $6 million in stock option awards.
Most of his $269,363 in so-called "other compensation" came in the form of the CEO's personal use of the company aircraft. It also includes the cost for car service. "For security reasons, we provide Messrs. Redstone and Dauman with a shared car and driver in New York for use by them and other executives and provide Mr. Redstone with a car and driver in his hometown of Los Angeles," according to the regulatory filing. Viacom splits the car costs for Redstone with CBS Corp., where Redstone is also chairman and controlling shareholder.
In early 2011, Dauman made headlines when he ranked as the country's highest-paid CEO with $84.5 million in compensation.
Viacom COO Tom Dooley also got a smaller compensation package for the latest fiscal year. He earned $26.3 million, down 23 percent from $34.1 million a year earlier.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott