Viacom Promotes Wade Davis to CFO
The former executive vp replaces Jimmy Barge, who will leave to pursue other opportunities.
Wade Davis has replaced Jimmy Barge as Viacom's CFO, the company said Tuesday.
Davis, 40, was promoted from executive vp, strategy and corporate development.
After a transition period, Barge will leave Viacom "to pursue other opportunities," Viacom also said in the statement.
Davis joined Viacom seven years ago as senior vp mergers and acquisitions and assumed the additional duties of strategic planning and corporate development four years later. Some of the mergers he has overseen include the acquisition of DreamWorks SKG, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Atom Shockwave.
"This is a well-deserved promotion for Wade, who has made so many contributions to the growth and success of Viacom," said COO Thomas Dooley. "We are fortunate to have such a multitalented executive in our ranks with the leadership skills and the depth of experience to move seamlessly into the CFO role."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!