Viacom Promotes Wade Davis to CFO
The former executive vp replaces Jimmy Barge, who will leave to pursue other opportunities.
Wade Davis has replaced Jimmy Barge as Viacom's CFO, the company said Tuesday.
Davis, 40, was promoted from executive vp, strategy and corporate development.
After a transition period, Barge will leave Viacom "to pursue other opportunities," Viacom also said in the statement.
Davis joined Viacom seven years ago as senior vp mergers and acquisitions and assumed the additional duties of strategic planning and corporate development four years later. Some of the mergers he has overseen include the acquisition of DreamWorks SKG, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Atom Shockwave.
"This is a well-deserved promotion for Wade, who has made so many contributions to the growth and success of Viacom," said COO Thomas Dooley. "We are fortunate to have such a multitalented executive in our ranks with the leadership skills and the depth of experience to move seamlessly into the CFO role."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David