Viacom Promotes Wade Davis to CFO
The former executive vp replaces Jimmy Barge, who will leave to pursue other opportunities.
Wade Davis has replaced Jimmy Barge as Viacom's CFO, the company said Tuesday.
Davis, 40, was promoted from executive vp, strategy and corporate development.
After a transition period, Barge will leave Viacom "to pursue other opportunities," Viacom also said in the statement.
Davis joined Viacom seven years ago as senior vp mergers and acquisitions and assumed the additional duties of strategic planning and corporate development four years later. Some of the mergers he has overseen include the acquisition of DreamWorks SKG, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Atom Shockwave.
"This is a well-deserved promotion for Wade, who has made so many contributions to the growth and success of Viacom," said COO Thomas Dooley. "We are fortunate to have such a multitalented executive in our ranks with the leadership skills and the depth of experience to move seamlessly into the CFO role."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera