Viacom to Sell Company That Created 'Rock Band'
CEO Philippe Dauman predicts further TV advertising improvements, eyes digital dollars and doesn't worry about cord cutting
NEW YORK - Viacom Inc. said Thursday it plans to sell Harmonix, the developer of the Rock Band music video game franchise it acquired in 2006, which has been a drag on its financials due to continuing losses and slumping sales for music games.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR