Viacom18 Appoints Head For Upcoming Bollywood Movie Channel
Ravish Kumar to head Viacom18's upcoming Bollywood movie channel set for launch later this year.
NEW DELHI -- Viacom18 Media – the Mumbai-based joint venture which runs a bouquet of channels here including MTV India and Hindi entertainment outlet Colors - announced the appointment of Ravish Kumar as head of the network's upcoming Bollywood movie channel.
As general manager of the channel, Kumar will be reporting to Colors CEO Raj Nayak. Kumar joins Viacom18 from News Corp.'s Star TV India where he was executive VP and GM for the network's regional language channels.
“The launch of the Hindi movie channel is one of the most significant steps in Viacom18’s expansion blueprint...We plan to launch the channel sometime in the last quarter of this calendar year,” said Viacom18 Group CEO Haresh Chawla.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sandra Bullock's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Awarded THR's Top Stylist Ranking!
- Emma Watson Begins 'Noah' Press Tour, Premieres Film in Berlin!
- Kanye West & Jay Z Perform 'Otis,' 'Gotta Have It' & More at SXSW - Watch Now!
- 'Two & a Half Men,' 'Good Wife' & Many Others Renewed By CBS, 'Crazy Ones,' Left Off List