Viacom's Comedy Central Commissions U.K. Game Show Pilot For International Markets
"The Almost Impossible Gameshow" is billed as the network's stab "at the absurd world of Japanese gameshows."
LONDON -- Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom Inc. has begun production on a pilot for a nonscripted entertainment format entitled The Almost Impossible Gameshow.
The project is created and produced by Initial, the Endemol-owned banner and features contestants who must pit themselves against a series of incredibly simple yet fiendishly difficult games.
Each contestant is given multiple attempts to complete five physical challenges for a cash prize.
The pilot is the latest in a rapidly expanding portfolio of local market commissions that aim to build a pipeline of original comedy and entertainment content for VIMN’s international comedy network.
Jill Offman, managing director of Comedy Central U.K. and svp international content for Comedy Central, is overseeing original-content offerings for VIMN’s international network. She explained that the "ludicrous yet genius format" is the network's stab "at the absurd world of Japanese game shows, with a Comedy Central twist."
Endemol U.K. head of entertainment Shaun Parry said the new physical game show "features spandex, sprouts and a tiny bike. Needless to say, it's highly sophisticated."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram