Vice, FremantleMedia Partner on Food-Themed Content for Millennials
Both companies are investing in the multichannel platform, which will offer edgy, original video about global food culture.
Vice Media and global TV producer and distributor FremantleMedia are launching a new joint-venture multichannel food platform targeted at a millennial audience.
The companies say the food vertical will combine Vice's signature voice and style with Fremantle's production capacities and distribution reach. Both companies are investing in the platform.
The new food vertical will offer a diverse range of original video content, from editorial features, to articles, how-tos, recipes and events. A catalog of recurring franchises will focus on subjects ranging from the politics of food, to world travel and cuisine, to an irreverent look at home cooking.
Andrew Creighton, president of Vice Media said in a statement: "Today's youth are the driving force behind the food culture explosion, yet they remain totally underserved when it comes to original food programming. … The new Vice food channel will upend the culinary media landscape, producing more jaw-droppingly entertaining, original, multichannel food programming than anywhere else and ensuring the content reaches a global audience on every screen. We're stoked to say the least."
Vice says it will collaborate on production with FremantleMedia North America's original digital team led by Gayle Gilman, as well as the FremantleMedia production teams around the world.
Added Keith Hindle, CEO of digital and branded entertainment at FremantleMedia: "We agree food and drink today are central to so much of youth culture, and the genre is ready for a smart, bold new voice. So we couldn't be more excited about working with the Vice team and delivering some truly unique content."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack