Victoria Jackson Column: Glee Made 'A Mockery of Christians'
Former "SNL" star pens a controversial piece for conservative blog WorldNetDaily.com.
Comedian Victoria Jackson has lashed out at Glee, calling the show "sickening" and criticizing last week's episode for airing a kiss between two gay characters.
In a post on conservative blog WorldNetDaily.com, Jackson unleashes a string of anti-Muslim, homophobic attacks before accusing the FOX musical-comedy of promoting an anti-Christian agenda.
"Did you see Glee this week? Sickening!" she writes. "And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians – again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of Glee – what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?"
Glee has been targeted by conservative groups before for addressing sensitive issues such as teen pregnancy, underage drinking and religion. Recently, the Parents Television Council called an episode featuring Gwyneth Paltrow dancing provocatively "pretty appalling."
Jackson had a brief stint on Saturday Night Live, but left so she could pursue a career in political commentary. She has become known for her controversial, conservative statements, which are often targeted toward Obama and other left wing figures.
- NFL Now Demands $16.6 Million Over M.I.A.'s Super Bowl Middle Finger (Exclusive)
- 'Lost' Showrunners on Killing Off Characters, the Polarizing Finale and More Unanswered Questions
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shailene Woodley Tells It Like It Is: 'Teenagers Are So Smart'
- See Angelina Jolie's Daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt, With Her Mom In 'Maleficent'
- 'Sanctified' Emoji Video Provides Hilarious Visuals To Rick Ross, Kanye West, Big Sean's Rhymes
- 'Dancing With The Stars': 9 Changes To Expect From Season 18