Grammys: Daft Punk Wins Best Pop Group Performance, Pharrell Williams Accepts (Video)
The famously silent French duo took the stage wearing helmets but didn't speak.
When Daft Punk won the Grammy for best pop duo or group performance for "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, viewers wondered how the French duo, who famously wear helmets and rarely speak in public, would accept the award.
The duo took the stage wearing helmets and shiny gloves but let Williams, wearing his much-talked-about hat, accept the award on their behalf.
"On the behalf of the robots," Williams began after Daft Punk gestured for him to take the microphone. He then thanked the recording academy and acknowledged the talented fellow nominees in the category.
"Of course, they want to thank their families," he said on behalf of the duo, to laughter from the audience.
He also thanked Rodgers and everyone else who worked on the record.
Later in the show, Daft Punk recruited Williams, Rodgers and Stevie Wonder to help with their performance of "Get Lucky" and a medley of other hits.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR