Grammys: Daft Punk Wins Best Pop Group Performance, Pharrell Williams Accepts (Video)
The famously silent French duo took the stage wearing helmets but didn't speak.
When Daft Punk won the Grammy for best pop duo or group performance for "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, viewers wondered how the French duo, who famously wear helmets and rarely speak in public, would accept the award.
The duo took the stage wearing helmets and shiny gloves but let Williams, wearing his much-talked-about hat, accept the award on their behalf.
"On the behalf of the robots," Williams began after Daft Punk gestured for him to take the microphone. He then thanked the recording academy and acknowledged the talented fellow nominees in the category.
"Of course, they want to thank their families," he said on behalf of the duo, to laughter from the audience.
He also thanked Rodgers and everyone else who worked on the record.
Later in the show, Daft Punk recruited Williams, Rodgers and Stevie Wonder to help with their performance of "Get Lucky" and a medley of other hits.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David