VIDEO: Danny Elfman, Self-declared Geek, On His '25th Anniversary Music Box' with Tim Burton
Oscar-winning composer chats with THR about creating the ultimate box set comprising his work with one of Hollywood's most celebrated directors.
Danny Elfman is a lifelong geek and proud of it, he tells THR in a new interview. The Oscar-winning composer, who celebrates 25 years of collaboration with director Tim Burton, marked by the December release of Danny Elfman & Tim Burton 25th Anniversary Music Box, explains the meticulous, time-consuming task of combing through decades of material, from the demo phase to the screen. While sometimes painful, by his own admission, the resulting product is nothing short of spectacular: a functioning music box containing 16 CDs, a weighty hardbound book, a DVD and a moving zoetrope, among other doodads (some contained on a skeleton key USB drive).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR