EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Halle Berry Thinks Helen Mirren Has Beaten Ageism
The actress says the 65-year-old Mirren has single-handedly broken down barriers in Hollywood.
Helen Mirren is breaking down the ageism barrier in Hollywood, according to Halle Berry.
Berry lauded Mirren's efforts as she was presenting the 65-year-old actress with The Hollywood Reporter's Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the annual Women in Entertainment breakfast.
The breakfast was held in conjunction with the publication of THR's annual list of the Top 100 most-powerful females in Hollywood.
Berry received the same award in 2009.
"The thing I want to say is that the last bastion of civil rights in the movie business is ageism," Berry said. "And Helen, you have single-handedly, all by yourself, broken down that barrier because you can age, you can do films that are successful and you can still be hot as hell!"
Check out Berry's entire speech in this exclusive video.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR