Grammys Moment: Jay Z Tells Baby Blue Ivy, 'Daddy Got a Gold Sippy Cup for You' (Video)
UPDATED: The rapper shouts out his daughter during his acceptance speech for best rap/sung collaboration.
Jay Z delivered one of the best quotes of the night at the 2014 Grammys, making a rare reference to his daughter, Blue Ivy, as he accepted the award for best rap/sung collaboration.
"I want to tell Blue, Daddy got a gold sippy cup for you," the rapper said, turning his Grammy sideways.
Jay Z won for "Holy Grail," a collaboration with Justin Timberlake. He was also nominated in the same category for "Part II (On the Run)" with wife Beyonce.
Before the shout-out to his daughter, Jay Z thanked Timberlake, the producers and "the typical things." Then he also took a moment to express his love for Beyonce.
"I want to thank God a little bit for this award but mostly for that and all the universe for conspiring to putting that beautiful light of a young lady in my life," he said, gesturing to Beyonce, who was sitting in the front row.
He previously took the stage with Beyonce to open the show with a performance of their "Drunk in Love" duet.
Jay Z went into the night nominated for a field-leading nine Grammys. In addition to best rap/sung collaboration, he and Timberlake won best music video for "Suit & Tie."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack