VIDEO: Julia Roberts Was Paid $1.5 Million for This Ad - And She Doesn't Speak
She takes a sip and smiles in a commercial for Italian coffee company Lavazza.
Julia Roberts was reportedly paid about $1.5 million to appear in a 45-second ad for coffee brand Lavazza -- or about $33,000 a second -- and she doesn't even speak. Watch above.
Roberts appears as Botticelli's Venus alongside two Italian entertainers, Paolo Bonolis and Luca Laurenti, who try to convince her to smile by offering her A Modo Mio coffee so they can paint her.
After taking a sip, she breaks into a big grin. She also laughs toward the end.
The U.K. Daily Mail said Roberts, who is also a spokesperson for Lancome, taped the commercial two weeks ago in Rome.
Her Ocean's 11 co-star George Clooney was also paid millions to appear in Nespresso's holiday ads.
"You want to have a product you are proud of and not embarrassed by. You don't want to do ones that aren't classy. That's the truth. That's the secret to it," he has said of his decision to appear in the commercials.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR