Grammys: Kathy Griffin Jokes About Justin Bieber's 'Relax Juice' in Acceptance Speech (Video)
The comedian referenced the pop star's DUI bust and name-checked several other stars after she won best comedy album.
Kathy Griffin referenced Justin Bieber's recent DUI arrest in her acceptance speech for best comedy album during the Grammy awards pretelecast.
Griffin, who has been nominated six times, won her first Grammy in the category, joining Whoopi Goldberg and Lily Tomlin as the only female winners of the award.
She danced up to the stage during the pre-telecast ceremony at the Nokia Theatre, where many of the night's awards are handed out before the live show airs on CBS, and excitedly accepted her award, name-checking a number of big stars.
Griffin thanked Oprah Winfrey, Ryan Seacrest, Paula Abdul and Lindsay Lohan -- "any of the Lohans actually" she said -- for helping her with her comedy.
"I have to thank a lot of people who got me here, darn it, and I don't know all of them but they are an integral part of my success," she said.
She also thanked Justin Bieber for giving her his "relax juice" in Panama City, where the pop star is reportedly hanging out following Thursday's DUI arrest in Miami Beach.
Griffin also referenced Bieber's bust, thanking the Miami Beach police department for getting her out of harm's way "as someone was drag racing down the street the other day, driving his Lamborghini with his dick."
Griffin won for Calm Down Gurrl.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR