VIDEO: Sarah Palin booed on 'DWTS'?
ABC rep downplays crowd reaction
Was Sarah Palin booed on "Dancing With the Stars" Monday night?
In the clip below, you can see co-host Brooke Burke interviewing Derek Hough and "Dirty Dancing's" Jennifer Grey when boos break out. Says Burke, "There's booing in the ballroom. I don't know why."
RELATED: Discovery COO: How We'll Market Sarah Palin's Documentary
The cameras then flashed to Sarah -- in the Los Angeles studio to support her 19-year-old daughter, Bristol -- and co-host Tom Bergeron. "I'm here with guest ballroom commentator Sarah Palin, who joins us from Alaska," he said.
Sarah didn't flinch with the crowd reaction.
"This is amazing. It's so exciting," she said. "It's great to see all the courage and joy and exuberance by all the judges."
Sarah demurred on criticizing the judges, because her daughter hadn't performed yet. She also revealed Bristol's nickname: "Bristol the Pistol!"
When asked by the Los Angeles Times if the crowd was booing Palin, a rep for the ABC show said, "They were just expressing their feelings about a really, really good dance. It's not at all unusual." (Grey received a 24 out of 30, the highest of the night.)
Bristol said having her mom in the audience was "awesome."
She and her partner Mark Ballas went on to score 22 out of 30 points for their quickstep.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR