'Son of God' Trailer Highlights Jesus Christ's Miracles (Video)
The theatrical version of "The Bible" hits screens Feb. 28.
The latest trailer for Mark Burnett and Roma Downey's Biblical film, The Son of God, condenses the story of Jesus Christ into a series of highlights from the religious figure's life and crucifixion.
The clip is shorter and more briskly paced than the first trailer and focuses on uplifting miracles -- healing the sick, feeding 5,000 followers -- drawn from New Testament accounts.
The 20th Century Fox film is a theatrical adaptation of the History Channel's hit miniseries The Bible, which was produced by Burnett and Downey.
Diogo Morgado stars as Jesus in the film. Downey and Burnett recently explained a decision to cut the scenes that featured Satan being portrayed by actor Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni after his likeness was the subject of controversy last year.
"For our movie, Son of God, I wanted all of the focus to be on Jesus," Downey told The Hollywood Reporter. "I want his name to be on the lips of everyone who sees this movie, so we cast Satan out. It gives me great pleasure to tell you that the devil is on the cutting-room floor."
The film hits theaters Feb. 28, when the only other new wide-release entry will be Universal's Liam Neeson action thriller Non-Stop.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR