'The View' to discuss Bill O'Reilly incident Monday
NEW YORK -- ABC's "The View" will find out Monday if it can get additional mileage out of Thursday's altercation between hosts Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar on one side and Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, which saw the two women storm off the stage.
After a Friday show that was previously recorded, Monday's edition of "The View" will see the talk panel weigh in on what happened, ABC said Friday.
Behar also explained on her HLN show Thursday why she left the "View" set in anger.
Meanwhile, the Web site of "The View" benefited from the emotional moment. It averaged 10 times its normal traffic in terms of unique visitors, which led to "brief intermittent outages," according to ABC.
The Monday discussion of the incident will come on the first day of new panel talk show "The Talk" on CBS, which has a star-studded lineup for its opening week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR