Village Roadshow Promotes Matthew Velkes to COO
In his newly created role, the executive reports to chairman and CEO Bruce Berman.
Village Roadshow Pictures Entertainment said Thursday it has upped CFO Matthew Velkes to COO, a position that hadn't previously existed.
Velkes has been with Village Roadshow since joining as CFO in 2006 and has been managing day-to-day operations for the past six years.
"Matthew's work has expanded beyond the financial realm to that of a full-fledged motion picture executive," CEO Bruce Berman said in a joint statement with Greg Basser, CEO of Village Roadshow Entertainment Group. "His extensive relationships in the community will serve the company well as we move forward to develop our next projects."
Village Roadshow next month has The Great Gatsby, directed by Baz Luhrmann and distributed by Warner Bros. Its slate also includes The LEGO Movie, All You Need is Kill starring Tom Cruise, Mad Max: Fury Road and the Wachowskis' film, Jupiter Ascending.
Prior to joining Village Roadshow, Velkes was a top executive at Bill Mechanic's Pandemonium Films and before that he was in various roles at Twentieth Century Fox. Prior to that, he was an investment banker.
In his new role as COO, Velkes reports to Berman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR