Vin Diesel Celebrates 'Riddick' DVD Sales With Katy Perry, Beyonce Video
The action star also mentioned a fourth "Riddick" installment during a lighthearted post-Grammys lip-sync of "Dark Horse" and "Drunk in Love" on his Facebook page.
How does one celebrate their film topping the DVD charts? For Vin Diesel, by lip-syncing hits by Katy Perry and Beyonce.
The action star posted a black-and-white, seven-and-a-half minute video to his Facebook page Tuesday with the message, "You know I love the music..."
First, Diesel is shown dancing to Perry's "Dark Horse," which the pop singer performed with a witchcraft-inspired theme at Sunday's Grammys, alongside Juicy J. Wearing a white tank top and camouflage-printed shorts, he turns down the volume midway through the video and addresses the camera with a special message.
"Guys, I’m excited, I’m happy," he said. "Universal just called me and told me that Riddick is number one on the DVD charts. There’s no way in the world Riddick would have been made without you guys. You know that."
He continued, "You remember how arduous it was for us to actually get the movie made, and to make it rated R and to do it with such a low budget. It’s a win or all of us, and (I) really, really, really thank you so much."
The Riddick franchise kicked off in 2000 with Pitch Black, followed by 2004's The Chronicles of Riddick. When a completion bond fell through while filming 2013's Riddick, Diesel personally advanced funds until bank loans were secured and the filmmakers could return to Montreal, where they shot for 48 days on a budget in the $35 million to $40 million range. Riddick grossed $42 million at the box office.
Excitedly, Diesel then noted, "And of course Universal's also saying they want to develop the next one!"
Diesel then asked his fans, "Did you guys see the Grammys last night? Like I said, I couldn’t go, I had to work, I had to do just all the work that goes into get ready to get back up and shooting to finish The Fast and The Furious 7," he said, adding that he looked up the evening's top performances. "Some of them were kinda..."
He then began singing and dancing to Beyonce’s "Drunk in Love," which she performed with Jay Z at the awards show.
Watch Diesel's video below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws