Vin Diesel: 'Fast Five' Has Shot at Oscar
"I wouldn't be surprised if there is some Oscar talk around this," the actor says of the box office hit.
Fast Five star Vin Diesel says he think the action movie has a real shot at Oscar glory.
In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Diesel said the movie could be a contender come awards season.
"I wouldn't be surprised if there is some Oscar talk around this. I don't know, maybe I'm just biting off what some guy from Channel 7 thought," he said with a "chuckle." "But sooner or later, people are gonna say, 'Wait a minute, just because they are for the working class doesn't mean they're not great.'"
The movie has already broken box office records, opening to $83.6 million at the domestic box office two weekends ago.
Overseas, Fast Five took in $85.1 million this past weekend, setting a record for distributor Universal.
The movie, directed by Justin Lin, also stars Dwayne Johnson and Paul Walker. A sequel is already in the works.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR