Vince Vaughn Joins Will Ferrell in 'Daddy's Home'
The actor will play the freeloading father of Ferrell’s stepchildren.
Vince Vaughn is joining the Will Ferrell comedy Daddy’s Home, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The film from Paramount Pictures and director Etan Cohen stars Ferrell as a
mild-mannered radio executive who strives to be the world’s greatest stepfather. A wrench is thrown in his plans when the freeloading dad (Vaughn) of his wife's two children comes back into their lives, and forces Ferrell’s character to compete for the kids' affection.
The film was written by Brian Burns and Adam McKay & Chris Henchy and Cohen. Ferrell and McKay will produce with Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane through Good Universe, whose Matt Leonetti and Spencer Wong will co-produce. Gary Sanchez’s Henchy and Jessica Elbaum will executive produce.
Production is set to begin in the early fall.
Vaughn is represented by CAA. He will next be seen in The Internship, which hits theaters June 6.
Ferrell and McKay are currently in production on Paramount’s Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, which is slated for a Dec. 20 release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR