Vince Vaughn set for Ron Howard pic
Universal project centers on infidelity
Universal has a cheating heart.
The studio is putting the pieces together for a film project exploring the subject of infidelity that will be directed by Ron Howard and star Vince Vaughn.
Imagine topper Brian Grazer came up with the idea and is producing with Vaughn, who will produce with his Wild West Picture Show Prods. Allan Loeb wrote the currently untitled script, which would go before cameras in the spring.
The story follows a man who learns that his best friend's wife is cheating and must then navigate treacherous waters to decide what do with that knowledge.
The project is said to continue Vaughn's interest of tackling the dark areas of relationships, which he did with "The Break-Up" and, to a lesser extent, "Couples Retreat," which ended up leaving its darker moments on the editing room floor. The script is said to walk a fine line of being comedy and drama, much like "Break-Up" did.
Imagine's Kim Roth will serve as executive producer. Universal's vp of production Kristen Lowe will oversee the project for the studio.
It's been a while since Howard tackled a comedy. While the CAA-repped director's last movie was "Angels and Demons," his previous comedic movie was 1999's "Edtv."
Vaughn and Loeb, who wrote "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleep" as well as "The Baster," are repped by CAA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short