Vincent Cassel to Star in 'Partisan'
The French actor joins the cast of Ariel Kleiman's debut feature.
LONDON -- French actor Vincent Cassel is set to star in Ariel Kleiman's debut feature Partisan.
The movie, written by Kleiman and Sarah Cyngler, will shoot in Australia in October. Cassel replaces Oscar Isaac in the lead role.
Cassel will play a charismatic and troubled man named Gregori who has raised a communal family within the world of his lavish compound.
The story is told through the eyes of an 11-year-old boy, Alexander, who starts to question Gregori's deadly teachings
U.K. Sales and finance banner Protagonist Pictures will handle international sales for the project.
Warp Films Australia’s Anna McLeish and Sarah Shaw will continue their producing partnership on Partisan, following previous films Snowtown and Shopping.
Partisan has been financed by Screen Australia, Animal Kingdom, Film Victoria and DDP Studios with support from Fulcrum Media Finance.
Animal Kingdom's David Kaplan and Frederick W. Green will executive produce.
Madman Entertainment will distribute the film in Australia and New Zealand, and UTA is helping to handle North American sales with Protagonist.
Cassel is repped by CAA and Agence Adequat.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)