Vinnie Malhotra named exec producer at ESPN
To oversee the development of studio shows
NEW YORK -- ESPN has named ABC News executive Vinnie Malhotra to the post of executive producer, ESPN Content Development.
He will oversee the development of studio shows with both ESPN's internal production department and outside companies and also work on the development of content for late-night programming and weekend mornings.
Based in New York, Malhotra reports to Joan Lynch, vp and executive producer of the ESPN Content Development unit.
"Vinnie Malhotra is an incredibly talented producer with intimate knowledge of global story coverage," said Lynch. "The insight he will bring to our ESPN development and storytelling will be invaluable."
Malhotra is switching from one Walt Disney Co. unit to another.
He was previously executive producer of ABC News' Weekend News Content from 2007, as well as the executive producer of "Focus Earth" with Bob Woodruff. He was responsible for the editorial content and production of the network's two weekend evening news broadcasts, World News Saturday and World News Sunday, and oversaw the weekend editorial content and production of ABC News' digital platforms.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR