'Violet & Daisy' Acquired by Cinedigm for U.S. Release
The action comedy starring Alexis Bledel, Saoirse Ronan and James Gandolfini is the first movie directed by Geoffrey Fletcher.
Violet & Daisy, the first movie directed by Geoffrey Fletcher, who won an Oscar for his adaptation of the 2009 movie Precious, has been acquired for North American distribution by Cinedigm Entertainment.
Cinedigm is planning a theatrical release in 2013 followed by release on ancillary platforms including video on demand, digital and DVD.
Violet & Daisy, which Fletcher also wrote, is an action comedy about a pair of hit girls – played by Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel and Irish actress Saoirse Ronan, an Oscar nominee for Atonement. The Sopranos star James Gandolfini plays a sad sack character who they are sent to kill.
The Hollywood Reporter, reviewing it out of the Toronto Film Festival where it premiered, described it as something “spun out of a Tarantino movie.”
“Geoffrey has once again created a uniquely profound coming-of-age story that effortlessly mixes gritty realism with pop culture fantasies,” said Vincent Scordino, vice president of acquisitions, theatrical for Cinedigm. “It's a film that will inspire other artists, while satisfying audiences across the country via a variety of delivery platforms.”
“Cinedigm’s formidable team and innovative spirit are great for cinema and a perfect match for Violet & Daisy.” said Fletcher.
The filmmakers were represented by GreeneStreet Films and CAA, while Scordino negotiated on behalf of Cinedigm Entertainment, a division of Cinedigm Digital Corp.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!