Virginia Madsen to star in ABC's 'Scoundrels'
Series is set for an eight-episode run in the summer
Virginia Madsen has been tapped as the lead in ABC’s comedic drama series “Scoundrels.”
“Scoundrels,” based on the New Zealand series "Outrageous Fortune," is set for an eight-episode run in the summer.
It centers on the matriarch (Madsen) of a family of criminals who decides that it's time for her brood to go straight after her husband is sentenced to a long prison term.
Catherine O’Hara played the role in ABC’s first adaptation of “Fortune,” the 2008 pilot “Good Behavior.”
Richard Levine and Lyn Greene ("Nip/Tuck") wrote “Scoundrels” and will serve as executive producers/showrunners on the ABC Studios-produced series.
Oscar-nominated Madsen recently recurred on the final season of the USA Network dramedy “Monk.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR