'Vivaldia' gets second German cash injection
Bavarian film board, NRW Filmstiftung support period biopic starring Luke Evans
COLOGNE, Germany -- Vivaldia period biopic starring Luke Evans (Clash of the Titans) as the legendary Italian composer, received another financing boost in the form of a $420,000 in funding from Bavarian film board FFF Bayern.
Jessica Biel, Ben Kingsley and German star Veronica Ferres are also attached the project, which Patrica Riggen is set to direct for German producers Zeitsprung Entertainment and L.A.-based Raffaella Productions.
The script from Kevin Lund and T.J. Scott centers on an alleged, forbidden romance between Vivaldi, a composer and priest, and his protege, singer Anna Tessieri Giro (Biel), an affair that inspires him to write his masterpiece The Four Seasons.
Vivaldi recently picked up $1.8 million in financing from another German regional film board, the NRW Filmstiftung.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR