Vivicast to Represent Entertainment Studios HD Networks
They will seek additional distribution for Cars.TV, Comedy.TV and four other 24 hour networks around the world.
Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios has made an agreement with Vivicast Media to represent its six 24-hour HD cable TV networks worldwide to find more distributors tocarry the services.
"The ability of Vivicast to license the networks to operators around the world combined with the expertise of Entertainment Studios Networks to provide these networks makes a stellar combination," said Stuart Smitherman, President of Vivicast Media, in a statement.
Vivicast acts as a cooperative for cable TV systems, satellite services, Telco’s and others who provide content to consumers. As part of the deal Vivicast will work with Entertainment Studios Janice Arouh to seek both domestic and international distribution for the channels.
The networks are Cars.TV, Comedy.TV, ES.TV (entertainment news), MyDestination.TV (travel), Pets.TV and Recipe. TV (food and cuisine).
The networks were launched in May 2009 and are already carried by Verizon FiOS, Sky Angel and the Roku streaming player. They carry shows like Comics Unleashed and Every Woman, produced by Entertainment Studios,most of which are also sold to stations individually in the TV syndication market.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR