'The Voice's' Adam Levine Launches Record Label; Signs 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison
The Maroon 5 frontman says starting 222 Records "has been a long time goal."
Adam Levine is a singer, a coach and a TV star and now he adds label head to his resume.
The Maroon 5 frontman announced the formation of 222 Records and its first signing: Glee star Matthew Morrison. An album is due out in Spring, according to a release being issued today.
Says Levine of 222’s launch: “Starting my own label has been a long time goal of mine and I am thrilled to be at the point in my career where it is finally happening. I am excited for everyone to hear Matthew’s forthcoming album. Great things are in store for him with this release.”
Morrison will next appear in Lionsgate’s What to Expect When You’re Expecting and is also slated to join George Clooney in a March 3 reading of Dustin Lance Black’s play 8. Levine is current one of four star mentors on NBC’s The Voice.
“Adam and I share the same vision as we begin working on my record together,” says Morrison, who released a self-titled album via Mercury Records in May 2011. It peaked at No. 24 on the Billboard 200.
According to a source, Levine is currently negotiating with potential distributors while also staffing up to operate like a full-fledged record company with departments such as marketing, radio and publicity.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack