'The Voice' Executive Jumps to 'Idol' Producer Fremantle
Former Talpa Media manager Diana Buddingh takes over as global entertainment production boss of the giant that is also behind "X Factor" and "Got Talent."
Dutch TV veteran Diana Buddingh, who most recently headed up international productions for The Voice creator Talpa, has been named the new director of global entertainment production at indie TV giant FremantleMedia.
In her new job, announced Thursday, Buddingh will oversee the global rollout and brand management of FremantleMedia's blockbuster formats such as The X Factor, Got Talent and American Idol. Working closely with FremantleMedia's director of global entertainment development Rob Clark, Buddingh will manage all commercial, talent and third-party relationships connected to FremantleMedia brands.
She starts work October 1 in London, reporting to FremantleMedia’s CEO, Cecile Frot-Coutaz.
In addition to The Voice, as head of international productions at Talpa, Buddingh was responsible for the rollout of other hit formats, such as I Love My Country and The Winner Is…. As a development exec at Endemol, she worked on international hits, including Big Brother, Deal or No Deal and Star Academy.
Buddingh's appointment is the latest in a series of high-profile executive shuffles at FremantleMedia that have followed in the wake of Frot-Coutaz's appointment as CEO of the company last year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram