THR's Adam Levine Cover: One Interview, Seven F---s and Plenty of Opinions
The Maroon 5 frontman and face of NBC's "The Voice" packed a lot of profanity into his short sitdown with THR.
In his cover story interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine showcased his brand of cocky yet self-deprecating charm and shared details on landing his gig on NBC's The Voice.
Levine also showcased his flair for language, and expletives in particular. Below are highlights from Levine's profanity-heavy sitdown.
On reality television:
"It's just a bunch of f--ing assholes who are fame whores," he says without naming names.
On if he’s won over fans of The Voice:
“The bar is f---ing low; if you have half a brain, they think you're amazing. So I have that going for me," he jokes.
On the secret to his success:
"I don't lie, and that's unusual in a world of media-obsessed, media-trained f--ing liars who will sit here with you and totally bullshit you to further their own careers."
On playing live with Maroon 5:
“You get onstage and perform in front of 10,000 people, and if you f--- up, it's your ass.”
On starring opposite Keira Knightley in Once director John Carney’s next movie, Can A Song Save Your Life?
“I saw it the other day, and I was surprised at how not shitty I was.”
On what critics will say about his foray into acting:
"They'll probably say that I'm a better actor than I am a singer or something," he jokes of the critics who haven't always been kind to him. "They'll find some way to f--- me with something negative."
On succeeding as a novice actor:
"I'm the director's bitch.”
On why he’s invested his time in creating his own fragrance:
"If you're going to get paid to do this ridiculous shit, you've got to put f---ing effort into it."
On signing on as a Proactiv’s spokesperson:
“I suffered acutely from acne, so I was like, ‘F--- it, I’ll do it.’”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game