'The Voice UK' Announces Departure of Another Coach
Irish singer Danny O'Donoghue follows Jessie J out the door, with the fate of will.i.am and Tom Jones still unclear.
LONDON – The Voice UK continues to rejig its team of coaches.
After the recent announcement that Jessie J would not return to the BBC singing competition for its third season, the show and Irish singer Danny O'Donoghue on Tuesday also announced his exit.
The two other Voice UK coaches are Tom Jones and will.i.am. It wasn't immediately clear if they would stay on the show.
"I gave it my heart and soul and couldn't be more proud of the show," O'Donoghue said, adding that he would concentrate on his musical career with his band. "My focus will be on The Script moving forward, as we are about to embark on the most important part of our career as a band," the frontman said.
Calling the singer "an absolute star," controller of BBC commissioning Mark Linsey said: "The Voice coaches are all current music stars with recording and touring careers to manage alongside the show, and we know this can be difficult to juggle."
Previous reports said the four coaches had told the BBC they would continue on the show only if if they could do it together.
The BBC has said it will announce full coaching and other plans for the third season at a later stage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10