'The Voice' Winner Cassadee Pope Signs With Republic Nashville
The pop-rock singer became popular on NBC's singing competition after performing country songs including Miranda Lambert's "Over You."
Cassadee Pope, the winner of the third season of The Voice, has officially signed with Republic Nashville.
"I am so excited to be joining the very talented Republic Nashville family," said Pope. "I am so passionate about my music, and I couldn't be more excited to have this amazing team to back me as I embark on this next chapter in my career."
Pope, a member of Blake Shelton’s team, came into the competition with a pop-rock sound. However, Shelton encouraged her to sing country songs while on the show, leading to her big breakout with Miranda Lambert’s “Over You.” The song soared to the No. 1 spot on the iTunes All Genre Chart.
Pope’s best-of album, The Voice: The Complete Season 3 Collection, has sold 22,000 copies and was charted on Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums chart.
After winning the third season of The Voice, Pope told The Hollywood Reporter that she was hoping to release a song early this year. She has several songs that she already has written, but she added that she isn’t sure whether any of them are the right one for her single.
Pope, who was in a band called Hey Monday that toured with Fallout Boy, said her experience has prepared her for the road ahead.
"I feel like I’ve been through the ringer already so I know how to spot the B.S. and the real stuff," she told THR. "I am going to stay clear of people who might not have my best interests in mind."
Pope is managed by Irving Azoff and Tina Kennedy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game