'The Voice' Winner Danielle Bradbery Signs With Big Machine Records
The 16-year-old country singer joins the record label of Taylor Swift.
Fresh off her win of season four of The Voice, Danielle Bradbery is hitting the ground running.
The 16-year-old country singer has signed with Big Machine Records as part of her winnings and is planning on getting into the studio sooner rather than later.
It's a perfect fit for Bradbery, who will be joining a label that also includes country stars Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw and Rascal Flatts. Bradbery sang a Swift song, "Mean," for her blind audition on NBC's singing show. (Watch her audition below.) She turned three chairs -- Usher, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine -- and decided to go with Team Blake.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that she'll head to Nashville to meet with the staff of the record company early next week and begin recording some new music for the album on Monday.
Bradbery's coach, Shelton, tells THR that his victory was especially sweet because he's always wanted to win with a country singer. He says he focused on helping Bradbery build her loyal country fan base as the weeks went on during the competition.
"I wanted to make sure Nashville respected her as much as they could," says Shelton. "Obviously she's an incredible vocalist, but I wanted them to know that she respects country music. That's why we kept throwing it back to artists from 10, 20 years ago."
Bradbery told THR after the finale that she hopes Shelton will continue to mentor her as she works on her music.
"I see us standing here talking about her 20 years from now. I do believe that," Shelton says of Bradbery. "I wouldn't say that, with this confidence, about anyone else that's been on this show. Danielle Bradbery is a gift to the music industry."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!