Von Teese brings act to amfAR benefit
Burlesque star Dita Von Teese will perform at the annual amfAR Cinema Against AIDS fundraiser, set for May 23 at Le Moulin de Mougins during the Festival de Cannes.
Harvey Weinstein and Sharon Stone again will host a live auction at the celebrity-filled event. Last year, their auctioning skills brought in half of the $4 million the event raised.
They also will serve as chairs of the event along with MAC AIDS Fund chairman John Demsey, Michel Litvak, Vincent Roberti, Carine Roitfeld, Sophie Marceau, Mario Testino, Vincent Roberti, Caroline Gruosi-Scheufele and amfAR's board chairman Kenneth Cole.
Elizabeth Taylor, amfAR's founding international chairman, and Mathilde Krim, founding chairman, will serve as honorary chairs for the event, sponsored by Bold Films, the MAC AIDS Fund and the Weinstein Co.
Chopard, Hewlett-Packard Co. and Warner Home Video will co-sponsor the evening.
The event will be art directed by French Vogue editor-in-chief Roitfeld and will include mural-size photographs by Testino.
Von Teese also serves as a spokeswoman for the MAC AIDS Fund and VIVA Glam.
The fund-raiser has generated more than $22 million for AIDS research since it was first held in 1993.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR