Walk of Fame's $4 Million Face-Lift
With chips and cracks tarnishing Hollywood's stars, an effort to clean up the mess asks reluctant studios to pony up beyond the already-steep fees.
The cash-strapped, aging Hollywood Walk of Fame is turning to the industry to help pay for its $4 million makeover. Studios and record companies already support the iconic tourist attraction in the form of $30,000-a-star "sponsorship" fees (up from $25,000 three years ago), which they dole out for talent receiving the honor. As a relatively small expense pegged to a big marketing campaign, it's justified because the unveiling inevitably results in worldwide media exposure.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR