'Walking Dead' Actor Joins Neill Blomkamp's 'Chappie' (Exclusive)
Jose Pablo Cantillo, who also appeared in "Elysium," will play a gangster who wants to use the titular robot for his own gain.
The Walking Dead baddie Jose Pablo Cantillo has joined Neill Blomkamp's next feature, Chappie.
The Sony and MRC pic follows a robot with artificial intelligence who is kidnapped by gangsters planning on using him for nefarious purposes.
Cantillo will play a gangster named Yankie who hopes to use the robot for his own gain.
Cantillo, who recurred during the third season of AMC's The Walking Dead as Caesar, one of the Governor's (David Morrissey) loyal henchmen, also appeared in Blomkamp's most recent film, Elysium, starring Matt Damon. He played a resident of Earth who operates on Damon's character and then helps him kidnap a member of Elysium to they can hijack their way to the exclusive space station.
Cantillo will next be seen in indie film Solace alongside Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell. He's repped by The Kohner Agency.
Sony and MRC recently announced that Chappie, which will also star Sharlto Copley as the voice of the robot, has been slated for release on March 27, 2015.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR