'The Walking Dead' Invade Facebook With New Social Game
AMC and Rock You are serving up free zombie gaming with new Facebook game set in the TV universe.
After completely taking over San Diego Comic-Con 2012, AMC’s The Walking Dead continues to get its game on. There’s already a critically acclaimed hit episodic game based on Robert Kirkman’s comic book from developer Telltale Games. Activision used Comic-Con to unveil the first AMC licensed console game, The Walking Dead, which developer Terminal Reality is developing as a prequel to the TV series focusing on characters Merle and Daryl Dixon (played by actors Michael Booker and Norman Reedus). Now AMC and Rock You have unleashed The Walking Dead Social Game on Facebook.
While the third season of the hit TV show is currently filming in Atlanta, fans can step into the zombie-filled world to help fill in the voice. The game, which was developed by Eyes Wide Games, challenges players to fight for their lives, help friends survive, and embark on adventures with characters and settings from the show. The social game, which blends elements of strategy and survival-horror, allows players to use combat, stealth, and trickery to stay alive and to complete missions in their quest to survive the apocalypse.
“The audience for AMC’s The Walking Dead are passionate and deeply interested in the world of the show,” said Mac McKean, AMC’s svp of digital media. “Our social game allows them to explore and experience the zombie apocalypse for themselves, along with their friends,”
The game offers a stat system based on the characters’ attributes such as stamina, shooting accuracy, range of movement and vision. As players progress, they earn points based on skill, which increases these stats. This allows for players to customize the skill-set of the squad members.
“Gamers are ready for a more robust gameplay experience on Facebook,” said Josh Grant, svp and GM of Studio Partners at Rock You. “We’re bringing a thrilling survival-horror game experience to a more social platform that both long-time gamers and fans new to the gaming space can enjoy.”
AMC concluded the second season of The Walking Dead in March of 2012. The episode was viewed by a record-breaking 9 million viewers and the series reigns as the most watched drama series in basic cable for adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.
AMC’s The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series written by Kirkman and published by Image Comics. It tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse and follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The Walking Dead Season 3 premieres Sunday, Oct. 14 at 9pm ET/PT on AMC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed