'The Walking Dead' in New Overseas Deals
The AMC drama has been sold to Scandinavia, Japan, Czech Republic and Switzerland by Entertainment One.
TORONTO – After a big MIPCOM push, Entertainment One has sold AMC’s zombie drama The Walking Dead to the online pay TV service Viaplay and Netflix in Scandinavia.
The hit drama, which also airs worldwide via Fox International Channels, is also headed to Kadokawa in Japan, Fox in Norway and Finland, DR in Denmark, TV4 in Sweden, Prima TV in Czech Republic and 4+ in Switzerland.
Entertainment One, looking to do package deals after its Cannes showcase, also sold Viaplay and Netflix in Scandinavia Hell on Wheels, while Sony SPE in Africa, FOX Portugal and FX in Pan Asia picked up the Jason Priestley-starring comedy Call Me Fitz.
And Netflix in Scandinavia acquired the sci-fi drama Haven, while Viaplay in Scandinavia and Prima TV in the Czech Republic took the Canadian cop drama Rookie Blue.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game