'Walking Dead,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean' Among Top Halloween Costume Trends, Says Survey
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," "Dancing With the Stars" and "True Blood" also get the thumbs-up from consumers this year.
Expect to see a lot of zombies and pirates walking the streets this Halloween.
The company, which polled 1,068 consumers 18 and older around the country over the summer, found that 31 percent of respondents rank the zombies from Walking Dead as the best TV-inspired costumes.
Meanwhile, 36 percent of respondents chose the pirates from the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film as their top big-screen costume inspiration for their own costumes, while 19 percent made it their top pick for their kids.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 also was a top film inspiration, with 11 percent of adults making it their No. 1 choice for their own costume and 13 percent citing it for their kids.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack