Wall Street Debates John Malone's Play for Barnes & Noble
1:57 PM PDT 5/20/2011 by Georg Szalai
"The offer appears to be a purely financial proposal to acquire an asset that Liberty [Media] management views as undervalued," Barclays Capital analyst James Ratcliffe says.
NEW YORK - Wall Street analysts on Friday tried to explain the motivation for a surprise bid by John Malone's Liberty Media for book retailer Barnes & Noble, news of which had emerged late Thursday.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile