Wallace and Gromit return to small screen
LONDON -- Oscar-winning animator Nick Park is turning back to the small screen for the next comic adventure starring his creations Wallace and Gromit, Park said Wednesday.
The animator is making the next adventure featuring his multi-Academy award winning claymation stars for the Beeb's flagship channel BBC1 as a television half hour.
Entitled "Trouble at Mill," the adventure joins previous made-for-TV half hours "The Wrong Trousers" and "A Close Shave."
The script, co-written by Park and "Wrong Trousers" collaborator Bob Baker, is in preproduction now, with shooting scheduled to begin in January .
It details the story of the duo's startup baking business in their town and how they discover that the place is in the midst of a murder mystery that has seen 12 bakers disappear. It soon becomes a "matter of loaf and death" Park said.
Park says he is aiming to be finished in the fall of next year and is looking forward to a faster turnaround than making full-length feature claymation movies.
"I love making films for the cinema but the production of 'Chicken Run' and 'Curse of The Were-Rabbit' were virtually back-to-back and each film took five years to complete," Park said.
He added that "Trouble at Mill" "will be so much quicker to make and I can't wait to get back into production."
The filmmaker has added a video blog on www.wallaceandgromit.com to enable fans to follow the progress of the production, which will shoot at Aardman Studios in Bristol, Park's home turf.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack