Walt Disney Expects 'Cars 2' Merchandise to Eclipse 'Toy Story 3'
11:22 AM PDT 6/9/2011 by Georg Szalai
The 'Cars' franchise has crossed $10 billion in total retail sales, and Mickey Mouse remains the largest licensed character with projected $9 billion in sales this fiscal year as the company plans a Disney Baby store.
NEW YORK - Merchandise for the Cars franchise has generated total global retail sales of more than $10 billion since its launch, making it one of Walt Disney's top franchises, the company said Thursday.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
- Guess Which Rock Star Made This Painting
- Reggie Cameron: Making of 'Guess What?' With Cazwell and Luciana (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- Gordy Grundy: Passion and Fearlessness Take Center Stage As Viggo Mortensen Receives The Dennis Hopper Award At The AMFM Fest
- Dave Tomar: Why Sweet Brown Is Better Than Chris Brown