50 Disney Interactive Employees Laid Off Amid Restructuring
The division, which consists of online and video game units, previously restructured 18 months ago in a move that resulted in 200 layoffs.
A restructuring Wednesday at Disney Interactive cost about 50 people their jobs, insiders said.
Disney Interactive consists of an online unit and a video game unit and employs about 2,000 people. According to people familiar with the restructuring, all of the layoffs came from the online side.
Disney Interactive's online portfolio includes Disney.com, DisneyFamily.com, BabyZone.com, Spoonful.com, Babble.com and other Internet sites.
Disney did not comment on the move.
In the Walt Disney Co's. most recent fiscal quarter, Disney Interactive was the only one of five units to post declining year-over-year revenue, with sales dropping 22 percent to $196 million, while its operating loss improved to $42 million from $86 million a year earlier.
Disney Interactive also restructured 18 months ago, a move that included laying off about 200 people.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game