Walt Disney Secures DVD Rights for 'Harriet the Spy' Telefilm
Mouse house acquires European, Middle East and African home video rights to Disney Channel TV movie from Canada's 9 Story Entertainment.
TORONTO -- Walt Disney has acquired the European, Middle East and African home video rights to the Disney Channel TV movie Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars from Canadian indie producer 9 Story Entertainment.
The deal follows Vivendi Entertainment acquiring the U.S. DVD rights to the Jennifer Stone-starring TV movie and Entertainment One picking up the Canadian home entertainment rights.
Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars, which bowed on Disney Channel in March 2010, is based on the popular book series as it portrays high schooler Harriet Welsch competing to become class blogger against arch-rival Marion Hawthorne.
“With Disney’s representation of the DVD, we anticipate enormous success for Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars throughout the EMEA, capitalizing on the strong television ratings in the region,” 9 Story Entertainment CEO Vince Commisso said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR