Walt Disney Studios' 'Tangled' On Imax in Asia
Disney's Thanksgiving film going to Asian market on Imax 3D screens as part of foreign rollout.
TORONTO -- Imax and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures are rolling out Tangled 3D in the Asian market.
Disney’s Thanksgiving film, which has already surpassed $200 million in foreign box office, will be released on digital Imax screens in key Asian territories day-and-date with wide release dates in individual markets.
Starting in February, the 3D animation retelling of the classic Rapunzel tale will open in Imax theatres in Korea, the Philippines, Japan and Thailand, with other Asian countries to follow.
Disney’s animated fantasy is directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard and is voiced by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi, among others. "One of the best ways to celebrate the arrival of a movie in any given market, in any part of the world, is to include an Imax release," Chuck Viane, president of Global distribution for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, explained.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama