Wang Xueqi to Play Villain Dr. Wu in Marvel’s ‘Iron Man 3’
The veteran character actor can currently be seen in "Caught in the Web," China’s official submission to the foreign language Oscar race.
Veteran Chinese screen star Wang Xueqi has joined the cast of Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3. Wang will play Dr. Wu in the American-Chinese coproduction, which begins shooting in Beijing this week.
A well-known character actor in China, Wang is probably best known to Western audiences as a regular in the work of art house director Chen Kaige, including the director's latest, Caught in the Web, which is currently China's official Oscar submission in the foreign language category. Wang has also been featured in state-backed Chinese historical epics such as The Founding of a Republic and Beginning of the Great Revival.
The third installment of the Iron Man franchise is being directed by Shane Black, who reteams with star Robert Downey Jr. after previously working with the actor on his 2005 directorial debut Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
Iron Man 3 is scheduled to open in the U.S. and China on May 3.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR