The Waning Days of Syndicated TV
Local stations have a new strategy that has nothing to do with Oprah, Anderson or any other big names.
Going into the recent natpe convention in Miami Beach, the buzz was all about who would replace Oprah Winfrey and the fate of high-profile programs including Anderson, the talk show starring Anderson Cooper. But while the outside press were obsessing over those topics, many local stations and station groups had another hot topic on their minds: how to save, not spend.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR