Steven Spielberg Hosting Special 'War Horse' Screenings During Thanksgiving Weekend
The move is designed to spark word-of-mouth a month in advance of the movie's official Christmas Day release.
Thanksgiving weekend is starting to look a lot like Christmas at the multiplex.
DreamWorks announced on Tuesday it will hold special word-of-mouth screenings of Steven Spielberg's War Horse on Sunday, Nov. 27 in 10 cities.
The primary screening will be in New York City, to be followed by a Q&A with Spielberg. The session will be beamed in via satellite to the other nine screenings, as well as streamed live on MSN.com with real-time text translation provided by Ortsbo.com. Those attending the screenings, or listening to the live stream, can text in their questions.
War Horse, based on the critically acclaimed stage play and book, opens nationwide on Dec. 25.
On Saturday, Nov. 26, 20th Century Fox will hold official sneaks of Cameron Crowe's Christmas film We Bought a Zoo in hundreds of theaters across the country. We Bought a Zoo, starring Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson and Elle Fanning, opens Dec. 23.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR