'Warm Bodies' lands Jonathan Levine
Summit taps 'Wackness' writer-director for zombie project
Summit is snuggling up to "Warm Bodies," hiring Jonathan Levine to write and direct the zombie love project.
With a tone that sounds like "Twilight" meets "Shaun of the Dead," the story follows an existentially tormented zombie named "R" that begins an unlikely friendship with the human girlfriend of one of his victims. The blossoming relationship starts a chain reaction that will transform him, his fellow zombies and maybe the whole lifeless world.
"Bodies" is based on a book by Seattle-based Isaac Marion, who originally self-published the novel and sold it through his Web site before the publishing rights were picked up by Atria Books, a division of Simon and Schuster, early this year, with publication slated for summer 2010.
Bruna Papanadrea, an exec producer on "Milk" and "The Mysteries of Pittsburgh," is producing "Bodies" through her Make Movies banner. Executive producing are Laurie Webb and Cori Shepherd Stern.
Summit president of production Erik Feig and vp of production Gillian Bohrer are overseeing.
CAA-repped Levine proved his romantic-comedy street cred by writing and directing "The Wackness," and he tackled the slasher genre with "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane."
Marion is repped by UTA and manager Brooke Ehrlich.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!